Friday, May 17, 2019

Single Review - What If I Never Get Over You - Lady Antebellum



Two long years of missing them, yearning for them, and wanting them back…wishing you could at least hear their voice….

I’m not describing a relationship with a partner, I mean Lady Antebellum.  We parted on such good terms back in 2017 with the album and the You Look Good tour.  Ahh, sweet music, sweet memories – I even held Charles’ hand in a tender moment at Birmingham (he needed help standing on a chair, but we DEFINITELY connected at a spiritual level). 

From that first moment of “Need You Know” I was reeled in, you had me at “Hello” (well, you had me at a certain line in that song) and from then on I was committed, I thought we would last.  So much happened then, we Owned the Night, I thought we were Golden.  But then, Heartbreak, you moved on.  New Label, new venue, new everything, but no new music.

Until now.  I was worried, What If I Never Got Over You? You’ve come back, and I thought everything would be excitement again, something new…but really…its the same Lady Antebellum. 

Ok, lets get serious.  The new single has finally dropped and from the very first listen it is very definitely Lady Antebellum, same sound we love, some combination of voices, same style of swapping verses.

Francesca has a less emotional take, she says

“It is a very heartfelt, catchy, guitar driven ballad everyone should be able to listen to and apply their own story”

and she is absolutely right. 

The more I listen, the more I like it, maybe I was hoping for something more breath taking after two years – But the movin' on is the hardest part

They are back, they are still fantastic, they are still Lady Antebellum and we will all still love them, their music, their emotive lyrics that sound like our own life stories written across the page.

What if this lasts forever and ever and ever? 
I think it will.

Lady Antebellum’s new single, their debut with Big Machine Records 
What If I Never Get Over You” is released today and available on all the regular platforms


No comments:

Post a Comment