Friday, April 12, 2019

Song Review - "Drug In My Head - Binky


In complete contrast to her last single 'Don't Let Go'  Binky brings us a more up beat song about a relationship. 

There are hints of country, particularly in Binky's voice and the  "Waaah Oh" and like many a country love songs she references June and Johnny (Cash); however there is a strong pop influence. 

The song is easy for most girls to relate to and I can see myself singing along "Drowning in your crazy, drugs in my head" towards the end of a night out as it is an infectious, catchy tune. 

Guitar introduction, followed by an interesting opening line "Still got your taste on my lips, boy" in Binky's unique sound; a minute in, the song steps up the pop factor a gear and this is where I envisage the dance floor jumping starts. 

In Binky's own words

" I really wanted to create a girl’s sing along. I mean what girl can’t relate to that one teenage relationship that we all have, which we think is going to last forever?

Find Binky on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or at the weekend party waving around her red solo cup as the last one standing!


Francesca 

No comments:

Post a Comment